No matter if you have slight waves or tight ringlets curly hair may look carefree and totally messy. Different patterns and types of curls require different styling and maintenance routine, but we can set up general guidelines to keep them healthy and good looking.
Let it be classic, soft curls or wide curls and lots of volume, curly hair requires special treatment when it comes to care. Since it is dryer than regular hair and tends to be more prone to tangles, moisturizing is the key.
Let’s see the methods that make your ringlets shiny, silky and healthy
1. Shampoo is designed to clean your scalp, but keeping your curls hydrated, use a light moisturizing one.
2. Conditioning – that is meant to repair and smooth out the cuticle – should be an essential part of a curly girl’s haircare routine. Apply conditioner on the bottom of your hair and move up.
3. Once a week use an effective hair mask that penetrates into the hair and repairs and nourishes it from the roots to the ends.
4. A leave-in conditioning product can also help moisturize curls.
5. Use a hair dryer on low heat, but using air drying is even better.
6. Combing. Well, it is cardinal. To avoid “lion-look” do not use brush or comb on dry curls but use a wide-toothed comb instead or even finger combing, starting at the bottom of your hair and move up.
7. It is recommended to sleep on a satin pillowcase.
Always use unrefined, organic, fair trade products. Take care of your health and our environment. Always take allergy test – if you have reaction avoid these ingredients.