Are You Ready to Make Some New Year’s Resolutions?
The biggest problem with New Year’s resolutions is, that we tend to fail to achieve them. Nevertheless, we seem to love this tradition, and despite our previous experiences, we try to set goals year after year. How to stick with a new behavior and how to avoid to fall back into your old habits and patterns? Well, be consequent, set up a journal and listen carefully. Here is my four-step ethics:
- Set goals that motivate you, but don’t set goals without a plan.
- Take the steps to make it happen.
- Be ritualistic on your routine.
- Hold on to them.
New Year, new habits.
Here are some tips for the New Year that can change your life.
Learn Something New Every Day
You’re never too old to learn something new, and you should never stop learning. Read, expand your vocabulary, try some exciting DIY activities or sign up an open-source education course. It helps to keep your mind and memory sharp, enhances new and existing skills, not to mention that continuing education can help improve your career as well.
Change Something in Your Lifestyle
When it comes to adopting new healthy habits, there are lots of little things you can do that will make a big difference in the long run. Plus it’s a better way to treat yourself. Let it be an organised morning routine, healthy diet, regular exercise, or just trying to go to bed five minutes earlier each night, they all help you to feel younger and live healthier.
Reorganize Your Closet
- Take a look at your wardrobe and take a breath. Select what you haven’t worn in the last year and consider: do you really need them? Don’t be sentimental, throw them away so you can start fresh.
- Don’t forget seasonality. It needs a little more work, putting the current seasonal stuff front and the previous one back, but the effort is worth. In the run you’ll save time.
- Make sure you get the right hangers for skirts, pants and shirts. Use plastic bag to protect vulnerable fabrics.
- Buy a shoe rack and separate a shelf (or more if it is necessary) for your purses. The sight will be spectacular.
Don’t let your attention turn to what you can’t have and the goals you’ve failed to achieve. Try to filter out the negative thoughts that are coming in, and keep focusing on the end result. Don’t forget: the only person who is standing in the way of your success is you!
Happy New Year,